Emily's first loss....
Yesterday I noticed one of Emily's hermit crabs was out of it's shell. This happens sometimes as they grow out of their shell and find a new one. This morning Emily came downstairs, her bottom lip quivering and said...Belle didn't move all night I thinks she's dead and burst out into tears. John was still home so he went to "check" and sure enough Belle had gone to hermit crab heaven. Emily sobbed and sobbed for a good half an hour, finally as we had to leave to get Mac to school she calmed down but it was sure a rough way to start the day. Her poor heart was broken.
John gets home from work with a card from his office. He was telling one of his buddies at work who is a little bit of a comedian and he created a card for Emily and had some of John's co-workers sign it. John handed it to Emily and she says "I had such a fun day I forgot all about Belle". Let's hope all her heartbreaks pass as quickly....but somehow I don't think they will. Rest in Peace Belle.

Comments