Date night

Aunt Holly arrived safe and sound Sunday evening and we've been running around like crazy people trying to get stuff done before everyone else arrives Wednesday. Holly babysat for us last night so John and I could have a date night. We went to one of the taverns in Colonial Williamsburg for a Holiday Feast. We arrived in time to see the fife and drummers playing in the 23 degree weather! I was a little worried about the dinner as I'm a bit of a picky eater and the taverns are known for some unique feasts. I was pleasantly surprised. We had a tremendous menu of pumpkin bisque soup, salad, beef stew, ham and green beans, turkey with sweet potatoes and stuffing and chocolate pudding to top it off. We were so full we didn't have room to really eat the dessert. Along with this fabulous dinner we had wonderful music and a great dining experience. If you ever have a chance to visit Colonial Williamsburg during the holidays it's well worth the trip!

Comments

The Tavern sounds great, and you know how I like good food.....
Aunt Holly is one sweet sister....
You deserved a night out....

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging with Aunt Christina

Movie with the kids