Pneuomonia day 2

Last night was pretty rough. Emily was coughing a bunch and wasn't doing well at all. She was up and down, really working hard to breath. Of course I was up checking on her, at 3:00 am she was uncomfortable. After a diaper change and a bottle she still couldn't get comfy, so I took her downstairs and rocked her, after about a hour she got to a point she could sleep but was up and down. She and I laid in the rocking chair until about 6:30. Poor girl didn't want much to drink or eat.

We had an appt. at the docs this am. We spent another few hours there, Emily got another antibiotic injection and a nebulizer treatment with Albuterol. The Albuterol helped the wheezing she was experiencing but she wanted to part of that mask on her face, it was a struggle. So doc said to watch her, gave us a nebulizer to use at home, and if she got worse off to the hospital we were to go for IV fluids, etc.

As the day progressed she got a little brighter and better. Her appetite got better and her breathing wasn't as labored. I put a cool mist humidifier in her room and as of now she seems to be doing better than last night. Were back to the doctors in the morning for another recheck, please send happy thoughts and prayers our way that she is on the road to recovery!

Comments

Karen said…
Amity, we're praying for Emily (and for you, too!) I wish we were closer so we could be there to help out somehow. Please keep us informed on how Pappy's little sweetie is doing. You are such an attentive Mom---I'm sure with all your special t.l.c. Emily will be on her way to recovery real soon. Love ya!!
-Karen

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging with Aunt Christina

Movie with the kids