Another railroaded conversation....

One of our neighbors had a baby last night, they have a son, Jayson that is a little older than Mac and they play together alot so we know them. We watched Jayson yesterday while they went to the hospital until family arrived to take care of Jayson. We found out this afternoon that they had their baby, another boy just over 9 pounds.

At dinner Mac asked me where babies come from. He is way to young to be having this conversation so I had to think of a way to explain it in simple terms without giving to much info. I first told him we would chat about it when he got older because it was a little hard to understand. He told me that he understands alot and asked the question again. So I told him that the baby is a gift from God that grows in a woman belly in something called a uterus. When the baby is ready to come into the world it comes out of a special place in a girls body. I explained boys don't have this because they can't have babies. Thinking this would be good enough, he then asks how babies grow in the belly, whew, I can answer that one very easily and it was fine after that. Mac sure comes up with some tough questions that I find difficult to answer at a preschoolers level!

Comments

Unknown said…
Great answer -- indeed a hard one to answer for that age. I am now retired and so is Carol. Have a nice day answering quesions. By the way my girls asked Carol once when she was folding underwear why their was a hole in daddy's underwear.

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging with Aunt Christina

Movie with the kids