Thanksgiving morning run

After my first Thanksgiving run last year I decided I wanted to make a new tradition and start Thanksgiving with a run. Since we were going to be in Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving this year I searched for a run and found a 5K right down the street from my dads. When we arrived last night Dad asked if we were going to run in the snow since they were calling for a wintery mix. Since I just started running this past year I wasn't sure how cold is too cold for me to run, so I decided to wait and see.

I woke up this morning and it was about 38 degrees but it was dry outside so we got ready and headed out. As we pulled into the parking lot it started to rain and sleet, it was messy but I finished the race in a pretty decent time for me. Mac wanted to do the 1 mile fun run when I signed up, he began changing his mind this morning but he hung in there and he and I did the 1 mile fun run after my run. It was pretty cold and nasty by that time, I'm proud of him for hanging in there and finishing it!



Comments

Couldn't believe you and Mac ran in that not so great weather. Hope it was fun, you make us proud.

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging with Aunt Christina

Movie with the kids