BIG 4th Grade field trip

 As part of the curriculum of the kids school the 4th grade does a "field trip" to the Big Island.  When I first heard about it I freaked out a little since no parents were allowed to go, it was chaperoned by school personnel.  Know what a great experience it would be for Mac I had to suck up my fears and let my momma strings loose a little!  He had to be at the airport at 5:30 this morning.  I had John take him since I knew I'd be a babbling mess!

Shortly after they left I get a text from one of his teachers asking what his camera looked like.  I knew this wasn't a good sign.  Mac didn't have it when he arrived on the Big Island and swears he put it in his suitcase.....we later found out he left it at the airport.  I received a call from lost and found and someone had turned it in. It was a good lesson for Mac but a bit sad as he wasn't able to take any pictures on his own.

They visited 3 Natural historic parks today, stopped at a bakery and set up camp.  They are staying at a military camp on the island in bunk beds.  We don't get to talk to him at all, no electronics were allowed excepts cameras.  I did volunteer to post pictures on a website for the families so it's nice to be in some communication with his teachers!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging with Aunt Christina

Movie with the kids