Another ER adventure
We spent over overnight in the ER once again last night. Mac has had a cold for 5 or so days, Emily hadn't really shown any signs, Sunday night she was up in the middle of the night with a fever, I gave her some motrin and she was fine. Monday she was her normal happy self. After their bath Monday night her nose started to run and she sounded a little congested so I gave her a breathing treatment, per the pediatrician anytime she gets a runny nose.
Around 10:30 she started fussing, I went to check on her and she was trembling. She didn't feel feverish, I changed her diaper and put her under the covers with me. Poor things was grunting as she's done in the past with her respiratory issues and trembling, I couldn't get her comfortable, so a few minutes later I wake Mac up and off we go to the ER.
Upon arrival we were triaged right away because of her breathing issues. Poor thing had a fever of almost 105, even with having Motrin a few hours earlier. After some tylenol, an x-ray, a breathing treatment and lab work the doc says she has pneumonia, once again. They gave her some IV antibiotics, motrin, another breathing treatment and we were home about 6 am this morning.
Mac was a trooper, I'm so thankful he was so good for me. He never slept and hung there. Once home we slept for a few hours. Emily still sounds horrible, hopefully tonight will be a better night.
I can't wait for John to get home...............
Around 10:30 she started fussing, I went to check on her and she was trembling. She didn't feel feverish, I changed her diaper and put her under the covers with me. Poor things was grunting as she's done in the past with her respiratory issues and trembling, I couldn't get her comfortable, so a few minutes later I wake Mac up and off we go to the ER.
Upon arrival we were triaged right away because of her breathing issues. Poor thing had a fever of almost 105, even with having Motrin a few hours earlier. After some tylenol, an x-ray, a breathing treatment and lab work the doc says she has pneumonia, once again. They gave her some IV antibiotics, motrin, another breathing treatment and we were home about 6 am this morning.
Mac was a trooper, I'm so thankful he was so good for me. He never slept and hung there. Once home we slept for a few hours. Emily still sounds horrible, hopefully tonight will be a better night.
I can't wait for John to get home...............
Comments