Bob books
For a while now we've been trying to figure out the best way to work with Mac and learning to read. After doing some research and talking with friends we decided to try a series of books called "Bob" books. There is a 4 set series with 12 books in each set with each book and set getting progressively harder. Thankfully our library has them which makes it nice.
In a little less than 3 weeks Mac has made it through set one and we just started into set 2 tonight. He is so excited and it's so fun to see him interested in reading. I hope to have him through all 4 sets by the summer and hope he continues to be interested.
It's amazing how much you don't think about parenting until your a parent. Reading, schools, oh my boy is growing up. I've thought more about different types of schools, curriculum, schedule, teachers, tours and more in the past 6 months then I ever dreamed of. I just assumed Mac would go to kindergarten at whatever public school where we were, when we moved here we knew we wanted to be in a good school area but I really hadn't thought much about it until recently. It's all kind of crazy!
In a little less than 3 weeks Mac has made it through set one and we just started into set 2 tonight. He is so excited and it's so fun to see him interested in reading. I hope to have him through all 4 sets by the summer and hope he continues to be interested.
It's amazing how much you don't think about parenting until your a parent. Reading, schools, oh my boy is growing up. I've thought more about different types of schools, curriculum, schedule, teachers, tours and more in the past 6 months then I ever dreamed of. I just assumed Mac would go to kindergarten at whatever public school where we were, when we moved here we knew we wanted to be in a good school area but I really hadn't thought much about it until recently. It's all kind of crazy!
Comments