Mac's first swim meet

Mac had his first swim meet today. This was a new experience for us all, and a very long day. We had to be there by 12:45, swim warm ups weren't until 1:55 and the meet didn't start until 2:30. So we get there, find out were all placed like sardines into a HOT gym, with no ac and 95 degree temp. outside. We have to find a space camp out (didn't bring a blanket like everyone else...newbie mistake number one) and we sit here for an hour until the kids are called to warm up. We all assemble, the go to the pool, do 2 laps then come back and sit for another half a hour until the meet starts. The little kids (Mac and several of his buddies) only got to swim in 2 events, event number 8 (25 meter freestyle) and number 60 (25 meter backstroke). Event 8 was called quickly, but it took two and a half hours until event 60 was called.......a very long two and a half hours with young kids including Emily. I did bring some toys, coloring books, leapster and lots of snacks but by the time the kids were called again they were slap happy.

Mac worked his hardest to swim, he was very nervous for the first event. He was more relaxed for his second event, I don't think he really grasps the whole idea of what swim team really is but as long as he likes it (which the jury is still out on) we'll keep at it. It's not my idea of a fun day, 7 hours gone from the time I left until I got home (event was an hour away) for Mac to swim for 2 minutes.....I think I like soccer or basketball better.....eventhough it wasn't my ideal day if it's what Mac enjoys, we'll do it!







Comments

"Aqua Man" Mac, wish I could have seen him swim, even if it was short.

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging with Aunt Christina

Movie with the kids