Triathlon #3

I finished my third triathlon today. It was my first open water swim and I was very freaked out over the swim. The day started at 67 degrees and raining. We were soaked before we even hit the water. The water temp was 74 degrees so we were able to wear wetsuits (very comical watching me try to get into it), fortunately I rented one in case I needed it and I'm sure glad I had it. I was in the 4th wave of swimmers, it was pretty freaky. Between the rain, rough water and amount of people I couldn't swim or really catch my breath. About 2 minutes into it I almost went to one of the boats and called it I was so freaked out about it. But I flipped onto my back and started doing the back stroke, this seemed to work for me, I'm sure my time was slow but I did the 750 meters...

The bike was great, although a wet day and the run turned out decent too. My hamstring injury hurt but I was able to run through the pain and walk after the race which is a major improvement. This race was definitely full of many more serious triathletes. Lots of pros who weren't as friendly as the other two I've done. Aside from the rain and swim it was a good race! I will do more next year....we'll see if I'll ever consider open water again!

Time to focus on a 65 mile bike ride next month and then a 10 K run, the week after, both for the benefit of breast cancer! Wahoo!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging with Aunt Christina

Movie with the kids