Sweet brother

Mac was really sweet to Emily tonight. She got in trouble right before dinner for misbehaving and lost her "treat" which she was going to get after dinner. Shortly after he heard me tell her no treat, he says to me "mom I will give up my treat tonight too since it wouldn't be very nice of me to eat a treat in front of Emily since she doesn't get one tonight".

Yesterday we had dinner with friends and were going to go get dessert after dinner but my friends kids misbehaved so they lost their dessert. When Mac asked for his I quietly told him that he could have dessert when we got home since it wouldn't be nice to eat dessert in front of his friends who couldn't have any, then I asked him how he would feel if he was the one in trouble and his friends were eating dessert in front of him.

He seemed to get what I was talking about last night, being that he gave up his treat tonight...I'm so glad he thinks about these things....he doesn't always pay attention to what I'm teaching him but it's nice to see when he does!

Comments

What agreat story, Mac is so thoughtful. There is much love between Mac and Emily, not usually found with siblings. You and John are great parents!!

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging with Aunt Christina

Movie with the kids