Fish tank nightmare
I was cleaning the fish tank today when I noticed a rather large puddle of water behind the tank. Our fish tank sits above a gas fireplace in a built in hole in the wall (meant for a tv). So knowing the weight of a 37 gallon fish tank and not knowing how long it's been leaking I needed to get the tank drained. So what do I do with the fish?
After chatting with John and another friend I headed off to the pet store to see what I could do. I decided to do two 10 gallon tanks, one in each of the kids rooms. After 6 hours and lots of headaches, the tanks are set up and the kids couldn't be happier. Mac went to bed with a huge smile saying, I can say goodnight and good morning to the fish now and I'm glad the cat fish is in my tank since he's a boy! Emily enjoys hers too, she liked have the light from the tank. The fish were really stressed, the catfish got caught in the fish net so I had to cut the fish net to get him free, now he has a piece of the net stuck to his barb but everyone seems to be calming down now. Hopefully no one is belly up in the morning!
After chatting with John and another friend I headed off to the pet store to see what I could do. I decided to do two 10 gallon tanks, one in each of the kids rooms. After 6 hours and lots of headaches, the tanks are set up and the kids couldn't be happier. Mac went to bed with a huge smile saying, I can say goodnight and good morning to the fish now and I'm glad the cat fish is in my tank since he's a boy! Emily enjoys hers too, she liked have the light from the tank. The fish were really stressed, the catfish got caught in the fish net so I had to cut the fish net to get him free, now he has a piece of the net stuck to his barb but everyone seems to be calming down now. Hopefully no one is belly up in the morning!
Comments