I've completed my first sprint triathlon

About 6 weeks ago one of my friends convinced me to do a sprint triathlon with her. I don't know how I caved it but I did so I spent the past 6 weeks doing some serious training. This sprint tri was a 300 meter pool swim (12 laps in a meter pool), 12 mile bike ride and a 3.1 mile run. I finished, with my transition times in 1 hour and 29 minutes. I'm pretty proud of myself that I completed it, and am considering another later this year. Swimming was my toughest event, then the run. I loved the bike ride! Holly brought the kids out and it was great to see them after I was done. Holly helped them make an awesome sign which Mac drew a bike all on his own, put footprints (for my run) and waves. He even found a "medal" sticker for me. I will treasure this sign for a long time!









Comments

What a feat!! Congrats to you Amity for what you accomplished.I can't even imagine training for an event like this. Even when I was in better shape, I don't think I would have ever considered doing a Triathlon... The sign is great, glad your sister was there to cheer you on.

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging with Aunt Christina

Movie with the kids