Giving away toys

Our church is collecting toys to donate to children in Haiti. With Christmas upon us I asked the kids to each fill a paper bag with toys then would like to give to the children in Haiti who have no toys. Emily immediately started going through the toy box then up to her room offering to give up several stuffed animals, lots of little things and two baby dolls which was a huge shock. Mac is a hoarder and doesn't like to let stuff go, he'll even dig though the garbage to retrieve something he thinks I shouldn't have thrown away, like old school homework. Emily probably filled about a bag and a half, Mac maybe a half a bag. After the kids went to bed I did one more clean out, what they don't know is missing won't hurt them! We dropped the bags off at church before the kids, primarily Emily had an givers remorse!

Later in the day she asked me where the kids where again and why the didn't have toys. She definitely does alot of thinking!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging with Aunt Christina

Movie with the kids