Life is like.......
Just when I think everyone is healthy for a while......last night Mac gets sick. We had a great day yesterday just running errands and hanging out. I put the kids to bed and about a half hour later Mac calls out for me. I was in the middle of putting legs on a work table I just got so I told him to hold on a second. Next thing I know he comes walking into my room with vomit dripping off him...yes I was in for a fun filled night.
After cleaning him and his bed up, I put him back to bed with a bucket. After laying with him a little while he fell asleep. Shortly after he's up again and hit the bucket this time. From 8 pm to 1 am the poor guy was puking/dry heaving every 45 minutes or so. I finally brought him in bed with me and he tossed and turned all night and begged for water. At 6 am I let him have some water, he held it down. He was in great spirits throughout the morning, I made him take it easy. Of course he enjoyed laying in bed watching TV. He would get up to play for a minute or two then crawl back into bed. By mid afternoon he was a little lethargic, took a nap and was ok for the evening. He's holding down food, just not eating a whole bunch.
He never had a fever so I don't know if it was food related or a bug. I'm praying Emily doesn't get it if it is a bug, poor girl wouldn't understand the whole vomit thing yet. I must say it was easier dealing with Mac at 4 1/2 then at a year old which is when he vomited last! Guess I should count my blessings!
Hopefully I'll get a few winks tonight!!!!
After cleaning him and his bed up, I put him back to bed with a bucket. After laying with him a little while he fell asleep. Shortly after he's up again and hit the bucket this time. From 8 pm to 1 am the poor guy was puking/dry heaving every 45 minutes or so. I finally brought him in bed with me and he tossed and turned all night and begged for water. At 6 am I let him have some water, he held it down. He was in great spirits throughout the morning, I made him take it easy. Of course he enjoyed laying in bed watching TV. He would get up to play for a minute or two then crawl back into bed. By mid afternoon he was a little lethargic, took a nap and was ok for the evening. He's holding down food, just not eating a whole bunch.
He never had a fever so I don't know if it was food related or a bug. I'm praying Emily doesn't get it if it is a bug, poor girl wouldn't understand the whole vomit thing yet. I must say it was easier dealing with Mac at 4 1/2 then at a year old which is when he vomited last! Guess I should count my blessings!
Hopefully I'll get a few winks tonight!!!!
Comments