New foods

I decided to do something new and joined a produce co-op a short while ago. It started two weeks ago and I get a 1/2 bushel of a variety of vegetables. I got into a rut of cooking the same old things and thought this would be a great way for me to learn how to cook new things and expand our taste buds. All the veggies are organic which is a plus.

The first week I recognized all but one thing which patty pans (form of squash), which were great. This week I had two things I didn't know what they were. Beets and eggplant. I've never cooked either before, although I've eaten beets I've never had eggplant. So next I had to figure out what to do with them so I figured out how to cook the beets and they are delicious. I also found a great recipe for eggplant, cooking it into a dish kind of like lasagna without the noodles. It was pretty delish if I do say so myself. I'm an eggplant fan now.....can't wait to see what I can't identify next week!

Comments

Pappy and Miss Karen love eggplant and also most kinds of squash.

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging with Aunt Christina

Movie with the kids