Oh what a day
Today was one of the those very challenging days with the kids. While our morning was ok, we went out to run errands and it all went downhill. The kids just didn't listen and misbehaved terribly. Our final stop they weren't listening so I buckled Emily into her seat and she started screaming "no strap" because I buckled the strap. She was hysterical, people were looking at me like I was a horrible mother....oh boy it was rough. I almost walked out of the store but was at the checkout and really wanted my groceries. So I dealt with the looks, by the time I got to the car my nerves were wrecked and Emily was happy as a clam.
After a long talk at home we were getting ready to go to a birthday party at our neighbors when I hear the kids up to something in the bathroom. I walk in and Emily's taking a bite out of a peach and I asked Mac what was up, since they were acting funny. Mac tells me he was washing Emily's peach off because it fell in the toilet. I immediately took the peach out of Emily's hands, had her spit out what was in her mouth and washed her hands and face. I asked Mac what happened and he said that Emily was fishing the peach out of the toilet when he walked in and took at bite out of it, so he washed it off for her so she could eat it. Am I on candid camera I thought, whew what a day.
After thanking Mac for thinking of washing it off, I explained we can never eat anything that falls in the toilet. Thankfully they listened well at the birthday party, we'll just chalk today up as "one of those days" and hope tomorrow is better!
After a long talk at home we were getting ready to go to a birthday party at our neighbors when I hear the kids up to something in the bathroom. I walk in and Emily's taking a bite out of a peach and I asked Mac what was up, since they were acting funny. Mac tells me he was washing Emily's peach off because it fell in the toilet. I immediately took the peach out of Emily's hands, had her spit out what was in her mouth and washed her hands and face. I asked Mac what happened and he said that Emily was fishing the peach out of the toilet when he walked in and took at bite out of it, so he washed it off for her so she could eat it. Am I on candid camera I thought, whew what a day.
After thanking Mac for thinking of washing it off, I explained we can never eat anything that falls in the toilet. Thankfully they listened well at the birthday party, we'll just chalk today up as "one of those days" and hope tomorrow is better!
Comments