Day Four - Grand Teton Wildlife
Day four began much better than day three ended. We woke up to the Grand Teton National Forest in our campers picture window. As Mac and I laid in his bed and talked about the days adventures he asked me what the white stuff on the tops of the mountains were. When I said snow he replied like he does every answer "why". I don't know what is worse, the "why" or the "are we there yet". Amity and I have been getting our fill of both.
Enough bashing Mac, he actually deserves a lot of credit for his hiking ability today. We spent the day exploring the park and took a boat ride across Lake Jenny. Once there we hiked up the mountain about a mile to a water fall. Mac did great the entire time and only asked to be carried once at the end when we where about a 100 yards from the boat ramp. We packed a lunch and enjoyed it on a quiet trail. Amity carried Emily in the Bjorn all the way to the falls. I got the easy part of packing her back down.
We saw plenty of wildlife today. Binoculars are Mac's new favorite toy. He can't drive in the truck without having them in his lap. We have seen Moose, Deer, Elk and Buffalo along with all the other creatures that run around out here. We have been really enjoying the outdoors.
Tonight we enjoyed steaks on the grill and both kids got a much needed bath. Tomorrow we start into Yellowstone and we will not have internet access for the next few days. Look for the next update this weekend.
Cheers,
John
Comments