Karate
John and I have been exploring activities for Mac to do. We wanted to try something new and thought we would see if he was interested in karate (Taekwondo). We observed a class last week and thought it was great. They teach them so much, not only the skill of karate but incorporate respect, discipline and life skills. After the observation Mac was interested but didn't seem too enthusiastic about it. We talked about it and decided he may not be ready for this yet and we would wait as it requires a 6 month commitment. The next day I spoke with one of the instructors and expressed our concerns. He offered to give Mac 2 free personal lessons to see if he got into it. We asked Mac to try it and if he didn't like it he didn't have to do it, it was up to him.
The first lesson was Monday, Mac got interested very quickly. About 10 minutes into the lesson he stops and says "Mommy I like it". After class he was so excited about it and wanted to do more. His second lesson was today and we were amazed at how much he remembered from the previous lesson and how well he did. He was saying "one sir, two sir, ............ and Ya like no ones business. So we pulled the trigger and signed him up. Mac is very excited about it, we'll keep everyone posted as to his progress and interest. Hopefully we'll be able to get some pics once he gets his Tobak (or Gi) and his beginner belt (I'm sure he'll be adorable)!
The first lesson was Monday, Mac got interested very quickly. About 10 minutes into the lesson he stops and says "Mommy I like it". After class he was so excited about it and wanted to do more. His second lesson was today and we were amazed at how much he remembered from the previous lesson and how well he did. He was saying "one sir, two sir, ............ and Ya like no ones business. So we pulled the trigger and signed him up. Mac is very excited about it, we'll keep everyone posted as to his progress and interest. Hopefully we'll be able to get some pics once he gets his Tobak (or Gi) and his beginner belt (I'm sure he'll be adorable)!
Comments