Day Ten (14th night in the camper)





Last night was our 14th night of sleeping in the camper. We are all still doing well and have not overwhelmed each other yet. The kids are doing great, Mac is getting his full dose of movies, we are probably more thankful for the DVD player than he is! He has a full collection of scholastic books on DVD's which makes us feel a little better about having him watch these so much. John and I joked about how times have changed from when we were kids and how much trouble we got into due to boredom. Mac gets bored with the DVD's after a while, but overall he is doing great. Emily is also doing well, she gets tired of sitting in her seat too but is hanging in there.


John and I think Willie was meant to be a traveling kitty. He has done so well on this trip, I am amazed. He goes into his carrier every morning (with a little coaxing), rides in the truck with us quietly, then when we settle into our next campsite, gets out of his carrier and settles in. Harley has a few good days but has a rough one today. This is the first day we've experience humidity and Harley wasn't so thrilled with it.


We drove about 320 miles today, it was pretty smooth. I'm even driving the truck and camper on the highway. I haven't gotten brave enough to back into a campsite and I get freaked out when we get into traffic, but I'm learning and I like that I can help John with the driving.


Our campsite last night was awesome, it was right on the Missouri River, we had a beautiful view. Mac went fishing with Daddy, which they both loved. We had to stop at Cabella's today so they could get more supplies. Our campsite tonight is at Offut Air Force Base, they have a lake here, so the boys went fishing again tonight (John will blog about it later).


We most likely will not have Internet access again until Saturday. Tomorrow we are off to Illinois, then Thursday off to West Lafayette, Indiana. John and I couldn't pass up stopping by Purdue, our Alma Mater for some pictures. Friday we will be in West Virginia then Saturday we will arrive in Williamsburg. Look for lots of updates after Saturday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging with Aunt Christina

Movie with the kids