Darn lawn
John's been gone about a week and the grass was already very tall. I guess all the rain we've had helped it grow quickly. It rained all day yesterday so I couldn't mow it, today I decided to get it done. Keeping in mind I haven't mowed grass in over 3 years, if not longer, our home in Alameda didn't have grass and in Stafford we had a yard but John didn't travel much so I'm pretty sure I didn't mow it there much either.
I felt pretty good when I was able to get it started within a few tries and away I went. The back yard went fairly smoothly aside from all the obstacles (playset, dog fence, dog house, etc) having to dump the grass catcher lots and a burn mark on my neck from the starter cord.
The front yard was a different story. The grass seemed thicker and was much more wet causing a few issues. I had to refill the gas, which I found out later was the wrong gas to use. John didn't mark the gas cans, and the one I used was a gas/oil mix. It still worked, at least for now!
After 2 1/2 hours the lawn looks beautiful, I was filthy and only had a few war wounds but am done with it. Most likely I will have to do it again before he returns, hopefully it will be a little smoother.
I'm thankful that John normally does this, I'd rather clean and do laundry then mow the lawn!
I felt pretty good when I was able to get it started within a few tries and away I went. The back yard went fairly smoothly aside from all the obstacles (playset, dog fence, dog house, etc) having to dump the grass catcher lots and a burn mark on my neck from the starter cord.
The front yard was a different story. The grass seemed thicker and was much more wet causing a few issues. I had to refill the gas, which I found out later was the wrong gas to use. John didn't mark the gas cans, and the one I used was a gas/oil mix. It still worked, at least for now!
After 2 1/2 hours the lawn looks beautiful, I was filthy and only had a few war wounds but am done with it. Most likely I will have to do it again before he returns, hopefully it will be a little smoother.
I'm thankful that John normally does this, I'd rather clean and do laundry then mow the lawn!
Comments