Late night trip to the ER

Emily hasn't felt well for a few days, we figured she was teething again. As the day progressed yesterday she got fussier, then went to bed before 7. Shortly after she went to bed she was really uncomfortable, John and I were trying to figure out what was going on with her as Tylenol or Motrin weren't doing the trick. As John was rocking her we noticed she was breathing a little heavy so we decided to give her a nebulizer treatment. She immediately began breathing better and fell asleep, we felt relieved for her and she seemed to be comfortable. She just finished her antibiotics from the pneumonia and we found it hard to believe the symptoms would reoccur so fast.

As we settled into bed and I was working on the blog she again got really fussy. She again couldn't get comfy and was working hard to breath again. Within a short period of time she was wheezing so we decided to take her to the ER. John stayed home with Mac while I went. I left around 10:30 pm.

The ER was packed when I arrived and was told it was going to be at least 2 hrs. After the triage nurse looked at her we got bumped up and were in a room by 11:30, so I thought great this will go smooth. Boy was I mistaken, it was terrible long, the doctor had zero personality and bedside manner, the room was nasty and we didn't get out of there until after 3 am.

Her wheezing continued to get worse and she began to break out in a rash. After she was poked and prodded once again, an x-ray and some steroids and benadryl the doctor said the pneumonia had cleared up, she had a cold, as possible allergic reaction to something and has some of the symptoms of asthma.

She was sound asleep and feeling better by the time we left and slept until 8:30 this am. Mac did as well, he must have been exhausted from all the activity here the past few weeks, I was able to sleep in a little as well.

We have a visit with our pediatrician tomorrow for a recheck and to figure out what the heck is going on with our little girl!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging with Aunt Christina

Movie with the kids