My little man keeps growing up
Almost every day Mac does something to grow more independent. As parents we work hard to teach our children to grow and be independent but sometimes it seems to be happening too fast. I know he's only 4 1/2 and we've got a long way to go, but it's so fun to watch him grow and think!
This morning as we were waking up, he immediately says he hungry and wants breakfast, Emily wasn't awake yet. I told him I'd go get him some milk and we would have breakfast when Emily got up. He asked if he could try to get his own drink and some cereal, he was really hungry. I told him I would go downstairs and help, he asked if he could please try by himself. So I agreed.
As I listened carefully from upstairs he used his stool, got a cup and bowl, got his cereal and milk. Poured his milk in his cup, poured cereal and milk in his bowl, all without spilling or making a mess. He comes running upstairs to tell me and wants me to come see how good he did, he was so proud of himself. I joined him and made my coffee, Emily woke up and everyone had breakfast. Mac couldn't have been happier!
Also this week Mac has figured out how to unbuckle his car seat. He has been buckling himself for a long time, but just realized how to get himself out. He can get Emily undone too. I haven't decided if this is helpful yet or not!
This morning as we were waking up, he immediately says he hungry and wants breakfast, Emily wasn't awake yet. I told him I'd go get him some milk and we would have breakfast when Emily got up. He asked if he could try to get his own drink and some cereal, he was really hungry. I told him I would go downstairs and help, he asked if he could please try by himself. So I agreed.
As I listened carefully from upstairs he used his stool, got a cup and bowl, got his cereal and milk. Poured his milk in his cup, poured cereal and milk in his bowl, all without spilling or making a mess. He comes running upstairs to tell me and wants me to come see how good he did, he was so proud of himself. I joined him and made my coffee, Emily woke up and everyone had breakfast. Mac couldn't have been happier!
Also this week Mac has figured out how to unbuckle his car seat. He has been buckling himself for a long time, but just realized how to get himself out. He can get Emily undone too. I haven't decided if this is helpful yet or not!
Comments