Damn panda cupcakes.....

Last time Grandma Jan visited she brought me a book with a whole bunch of different cupcake designs. A few weeks ago I got the grand idea (at least I thought it was until today) that I would let Mac pick out one of these designs for his birthday. He is having a party at his preschool tomorrow.

He first wanted the "shark ones" which were way complicated, so I asked him to find another, pushing toward the bug ones that looked appropriate for a first timer. I have zero design ability so I knew this would be a challenge. Of course Mac doesn't like the bugs and chooses the Panda Bear ones.

The kids went down for a nap around 1 pm today and I began what turned out to be a major undertaking. I got the cupcakes baked (18 large and 24 small) and was just starting to icing the little ones (panda bear heads) when Mac woke up. There is an assortment of icing, mini kisses, mini reeses pieces and mini oreos for the ears. The the big cupcakes had icing, rolled in crushed oreos with oreo's cut in half for the arms.

What seems fairly easy took me a little over 4 hours. Trying to do this with kids pulling on my legs, etc. was not easy and I should have thought more about taking on such a big job with John gone. Oh well, it's done. While they aren't beautiful they are good for a bunch of 4 year olds. I'm not artist by any means, I hope everyone enjoys them! Please don't laugh too hard at my pics.




Comments

Karen said…
Amity you have a lot more courage, creativity, and patience than I had when my girls were as young as Mac and Emily. The cupcakes are adorable, and I'm sure Mac was one thankful little guy!! Please give Mac a Happy Birthday hug from me---it looks like he's had a really special birthday!Love ya!
Good job with the Panda cupcakes..
I think they look great, very cute,
and I,m sure you made Mac's day at
school... I bet the 4 hours were all worth it when you seen the smile on Mac's face...You are one special Mom!!!!!!