New respect for stay at home moms
Most of you know this experience of being home with the kids has had it's ups and downs. I love the fact I am around for the kids spending invaluable time with them and able to take them to their various activities, on the other hand I really miss working and having the mental challenge of work. Being a stay at home mom is a full time job in itself and I have no idea how these women with multiple kids manage to keep a clean home, be on top of their housework, get all kids activities done and have dinner on the table. I think it's a myth. IT IS HARD WORK.
John as been gone on his first trip for 12 days now, I have gained an even greater respect, not only am I a stay at home mom, I'm also a single mom when John is traveling. It has been an interesting journey these 12 days and I truly believe working a FT job is easier than being the equivalent of a single stay at home parent. John traveled alot on our last tour but I worked, granted it was only Mac and I at that time, but it seemed much easier. With work, even though it was stressful, I got to use my brain in a different way. I guess it's hard to explain but I do have a much greater respect for stay at home moms!
I still wouldn't change a thing, other than maybe working a part time shift as a tech, here and there which I'll be working on early this year. Although I'm not growing in my professional realm I am growing in my personal, spiritual and family realms!
John as been gone on his first trip for 12 days now, I have gained an even greater respect, not only am I a stay at home mom, I'm also a single mom when John is traveling. It has been an interesting journey these 12 days and I truly believe working a FT job is easier than being the equivalent of a single stay at home parent. John traveled alot on our last tour but I worked, granted it was only Mac and I at that time, but it seemed much easier. With work, even though it was stressful, I got to use my brain in a different way. I guess it's hard to explain but I do have a much greater respect for stay at home moms!
I still wouldn't change a thing, other than maybe working a part time shift as a tech, here and there which I'll be working on early this year. Although I'm not growing in my professional realm I am growing in my personal, spiritual and family realms!
Comments
Keep up the good work, some day all the quality time spent now will be most rewarding.....