Oh what a night
Last night was a long way. Emily has had her ups and down with sleep the past week or so. We were up later than normal last night as John was getting all his last minute things together to leave today. About 12:30 Emily starts fussing, I get her, take her into John and head off to make her a bottle. She sucks down the bottle and as I pick her back up to take her back to her bed I realize she is burning up. She really hasn't had a really big fever yet. After a dose of Tylenol she fell back asleep for a short while, then was up again. Seeming to feel pretty good, wanting to play, I took her downstairs around 2:30 as John was going to be up around 4:30 (taxi was picking him up a little after 5).
I decided that since she was feeling ok, she needed to go back to sleep. Of course she didn't think she needed to sleep, she fussed for a short while, fell asleep, woke back up an hour or so later and began to really fuss. I got her she seemed to have the shivers, so I brought her in bed with us, by this time Mac has wondered into our bed as well. So I had Mac curled up next to me, Emily on my chest and somehow fell asleep for a short while, until John's alarm went off. Emily wasn't happy unless she was laying on me in some form or manner. She was warming up again, which was making me hot. Poor thing just couldn't get settled.
She's had a fever throughout the day, on meds she feels better but I can tell when they start wearing off. Cross you fingers for me she does ok tonight, I'm on my own with John out of town. If she's not feeling better tomorrow we'll be off to the doctor!
I decided that since she was feeling ok, she needed to go back to sleep. Of course she didn't think she needed to sleep, she fussed for a short while, fell asleep, woke back up an hour or so later and began to really fuss. I got her she seemed to have the shivers, so I brought her in bed with us, by this time Mac has wondered into our bed as well. So I had Mac curled up next to me, Emily on my chest and somehow fell asleep for a short while, until John's alarm went off. Emily wasn't happy unless she was laying on me in some form or manner. She was warming up again, which was making me hot. Poor thing just couldn't get settled.
She's had a fever throughout the day, on meds she feels better but I can tell when they start wearing off. Cross you fingers for me she does ok tonight, I'm on my own with John out of town. If she's not feeling better tomorrow we'll be off to the doctor!
Comments