Bike riding addict

Since the removal of his training wheels Mac has become a bike riding addict. All he wants to do is ride his bike, and ride it some more. John took him out for several hours yesterday, he is getting better and better and can do it pretty much solo with the exception of getting started. He hasn't figured out how to push off and get going.

After our crazy day today (Thursdays are our busiest, craziest day of the week) Mac begged to ride his bike when we got home from swim lessons. Initially I wasn't going to let him as it was already after 5, he had no nap today so we needed to get dinner, bath and him in bed at 7. When we pulled up a bunch of the neighborhood kids were out playing, he asked so nicely again so I couldn't say no. He's going to be one sweet talker. Anyway I told him he had a half an hour.

I didn't realize how exhausting it would be chasing after him up and down the street and helping get him started, toting Emily on my hip. To add to the excitement one of the neighborhood kids thinks he is a dare devil on his bike and was doing all kinds of stunts and not paying attention how close he was getting to Mac. Not only was he almost causing Mac to crash, he wasn't setting a good example for Mac. Mac ended up having a little fall which caused his chain to pop off his bike, it was almost a quarter to six at this point. We were done for the day, now I just have to figure out how to fix his chain. He will go crazy if he as to wait several weeks until John returns to fix it!

Comments

Pappy is so proud of you Mac... Always look out for people around you when riding your bike...
I think I could fix your chain, will talk to Mommy today...

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging with Aunt Christina

Movie with the kids