Root Canal

I found out last week that I needed to have a root canal. Today was the lucky day, I was a bit nervous, I'm not a fan of the drill, smell of grinding teeth and was a bit freaked out by all the horror stories I've heard about root canals.

It was my very back molar with 3 roots. It started off rough, I needed 3 injections of numbing meds to get me numb enough. After that it went fairly smooth, until a piece of one the the drills bit things (they are so very small), broke off. I had to sign a waiver acknowledging this was a possibility due to how tiny and fragile the tools were. So the dentist tried to flush it out, to no avail. He said it was fine to stay in, it does happen and I should be fine. After 3 hours I was done for now with a temp. filling. I have to go back in 3 weeks for the "build up and temp. crown, then back for the crown a few weeks later.

Overall I was numbed up good so it wasn't really painful, I found the process interesting and would have been smooth except for the piece in the root of my tooth!

Comments

Wow.... I was feeling pain while reading this.....Thank God for Novacaine...Hope you are OK now..