Mac vs. the bookshelf
On Monday, which was a good day as Mac was finally feeling better. He had a great day at school and spent the afternoon with his buddy across the street all was well until I started fixing dinner. As I'm getting things together I hear a loud bang and Mac starts screaming. I can tell from the scream something was wrong as I turn around and can see he's hurt.
I pick him up, his winter cap is over his eyes, I see blood and need to assess where he's hurt. Of course he doesn't want me to touch his face, he's got blood on his eye, nose and lip. Of course I'm freaked and wanted to make sure his eye and teeth were ok. He ended up with a goose egg on his forehead, cut lip and scraped and swollen eye which I thought for sure would turn out to be black and blue. I had to bribe him to allow me to put a cool rag on his head, he wouldn't let me touch the eye.
After things settled down I asked him what he was doing, he said he was running with his cap over his eyes trying to jump on his bean bag chair (which he knows he's not supposed to do). Of course I felt guilty I didn't see him doing this, but it happened so quick. I also saw the bookshelf was cracked, he must have hit it pretty hard, I'm not sure who won that battle!
He woke up yesterday with the eye still swollen but not black and blue like I expected. I woke him up a few times that evening to make sure he didn't have a concussion. Of course everyone that seems him stares and wondered what happened.
The pics below go from the night of the accident to tonight (48 hours later). Mac feels great, swam yesterday and other than the scrape was pretty darn lucky.
I pick him up, his winter cap is over his eyes, I see blood and need to assess where he's hurt. Of course he doesn't want me to touch his face, he's got blood on his eye, nose and lip. Of course I'm freaked and wanted to make sure his eye and teeth were ok. He ended up with a goose egg on his forehead, cut lip and scraped and swollen eye which I thought for sure would turn out to be black and blue. I had to bribe him to allow me to put a cool rag on his head, he wouldn't let me touch the eye.
After things settled down I asked him what he was doing, he said he was running with his cap over his eyes trying to jump on his bean bag chair (which he knows he's not supposed to do). Of course I felt guilty I didn't see him doing this, but it happened so quick. I also saw the bookshelf was cracked, he must have hit it pretty hard, I'm not sure who won that battle!
He woke up yesterday with the eye still swollen but not black and blue like I expected. I woke him up a few times that evening to make sure he didn't have a concussion. Of course everyone that seems him stares and wondered what happened.
The pics below go from the night of the accident to tonight (48 hours later). Mac feels great, swam yesterday and other than the scrape was pretty darn lucky.
Comments