Presidents Day

Mac was off of school yesterday for Presidents Day. While we were doing the web cam with John we were talking about what President's Day was and how we honor our past presidents. I asked him if he knew what George Washington did, he said he chopped down a cherry tree. He then told us Abe Lincoln helped black people. I asked them how he helped them, he said to be just like us. John reminded him that he helped free the slaves. We hadn't talked with him about this, so he must be learning this at preschool. I was pretty impressed! He knows Barrack Obama is our 44th president as well. It's a good start to learning some history!

Comments

That's great knowledge Mac is learning about past presidents, lets hope he don't ask about President Bill Clinton...

Popular posts from this blog

Hanging with Aunt Christina

Movie with the kids