Spit balls

John got back last night and had today off. One of the special things Mac likes us to do when daddy gets home from a trip is all go to lunch together at a restaurant. For some reason he finds this a special treat.

I went to fix a salad and when I came back Mac and John had straws in their hands, I didn't think much of it, until John went to make his salad Mac started chucking spit balls across the table. I asked him where he learned it, he said "Daddy just showed me". He was pretty good at it, but it wasn't good to do in a restaurant. When John got back to the table I gave him a hard time for teaching Mac his new "trick". John said that all boys need to learn how to make spit balls but just need to know when they can do them and told Mac to stop and to only make spit balls at certain times. Mac replies "When Mommy's not around?" Oh what the boys must do when I'm not watching..........

Comments

Pappy remembers "Spit Balls" from his school days.....Don't think it would be appropriate in today's society.....Definitely was a male thing.