A new watch
Gran sent Mac a watch a year ago, with a regular clock and he also had an inexpensive digital one. He would go back and forth with his interest in wearing them, they would sit for a while, lately his interest has picked up again. Both watches had broke, he got them wet, etc. but he still would wear one or the other even though they didn't work.
Yesterday I was at Target and I needed a new watch as my band had broken. While I was picking mine out I noticed Timex makes a kids watch. They were waterproof to 30 meters and had a nice velcro strap. I thought he really might enjoy it, so then I debated between the ones with a regular clock vs. digital. I finally decided on a digital to help teach him time "lingo" first before we work on the whole clock concept which can be confusing.
When I showed it to him he was delighted. Not only does it tell the time, it has seconds, says am or pm, has a date, an alarm and stopwatch. His favorite thing is that it lights up in the dark. He would walk around last night saying "its still pm", we would ask him what time it was, he would tell us the numbers and we would help him say it in time "lingo". Before bed he went into his bathroom in the dark and shut the door, "testing" his light! Today he as fascinated with it still, working on the time and saying, it's "am". I asked him tonight if he wanted to take it off to sleep and he said "NO" I need to know if it's am or pm! I'm sure the newness will wear off but it's fun that he's so interested!
Yesterday I was at Target and I needed a new watch as my band had broken. While I was picking mine out I noticed Timex makes a kids watch. They were waterproof to 30 meters and had a nice velcro strap. I thought he really might enjoy it, so then I debated between the ones with a regular clock vs. digital. I finally decided on a digital to help teach him time "lingo" first before we work on the whole clock concept which can be confusing.
When I showed it to him he was delighted. Not only does it tell the time, it has seconds, says am or pm, has a date, an alarm and stopwatch. His favorite thing is that it lights up in the dark. He would walk around last night saying "its still pm", we would ask him what time it was, he would tell us the numbers and we would help him say it in time "lingo". Before bed he went into his bathroom in the dark and shut the door, "testing" his light! Today he as fascinated with it still, working on the time and saying, it's "am". I asked him tonight if he wanted to take it off to sleep and he said "NO" I need to know if it's am or pm! I'm sure the newness will wear off but it's fun that he's so interested!
Comments