Starting of a politician...
Today as we were leaving the gym Mac asked if we could go to the park before we hit the grocery store. It was a beautiful sunny and cool day here so I agreed but we wouldn't be able to stay long since we still had to get to the store and get home for lunch so Emily could get a good nap. I told him we'd have 20 minutes and when I said it's time to go, I didn't want him to argue with me. He agreed.
Then I hear him begin negotiations with Emily, like she even understands what he's doing. He tells her first that we'll go to her area for a few minutes then to his area for the rest of the time. Then he tells her that this time they'll just play in the big kids area, then next time we go we can spend some time in the little kids area and the big kids area, OK Emily? She had no clue but it was very interesting to listen to him try to negotiate with her....... wait till she's old enough to figure that out, I can't wait to hear that conversation!
Then I hear him begin negotiations with Emily, like she even understands what he's doing. He tells her first that we'll go to her area for a few minutes then to his area for the rest of the time. Then he tells her that this time they'll just play in the big kids area, then next time we go we can spend some time in the little kids area and the big kids area, OK Emily? She had no clue but it was very interesting to listen to him try to negotiate with her....... wait till she's old enough to figure that out, I can't wait to hear that conversation!
Comments