Our little swimmer

Mac is doing so well swimming, today he was able to swim from one side of the family pool to the other, about 20 feet, only stopping for one quick breath. It's amazing to see how far he has come.

As I was watching his lesson today, he and one of his friends were playing in the deeper end (about 5 feet) while the teacher was working with another student. All of a sudden both the boys go under the water, as I'm waiting for them to come up, after about 15 seconds (which felt like and eternity) I jumped up and started heading toward the pool, when the boys popped up. The life guard saw my worry and went to check it out, the teacher stopped what she was doing and told me that she was working with them to go down and sit at the bottom with cris, cross, applesauce legs. They were just practicing. I felt better and it's great he can hold his breath this long, I'm just not use to see him going under in the deep end for so long, it was a freaky feeling.

His favorite thing he's learned recently is the back stroke, while he's not proficient yet he loves doing it. He loves the water and swimming and I'm so glad to see how well he is doing, I hope his love for the sport continues!

Comments

The way Mr.Mac (alias,NEMO) is taking to the water, I think we may have another Coast Guard Officer in the making...Keep up the good work Mac...